Epson Introduces TM-T70 Space-Saving Thermal Receipt Printer
Unique, Easy All-Front Access Enables Flexible Placement
Epson, a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, announced the availability of its TM-T70 thermal receipt printer, the industry's only all-front-access single-station printer. The printer is designed to fit under counters and in tight spaces in specialty retail, convenience store and food service applications. With front-facing controls, front paper loading and front receipt dispensing, the TM-T70 is also a perfect fit for many kiosk applications. Its small footprint and low height, along with flexible mounting options, make the TM-T70 an ideal choice where counter space is at a premium. Unlike traditional thermal printers, the TM-T70 does not require clearance for top or side-opening, enabling it to operate in exceptionally small spaces. The TM-T70 is the first of three new Epson thermal products to be introduced over the next two quarters, and is a key component of the company's expanding thermal printer family.
"Our retail and food service customers expressed a need for a compact thermal printer designed to fit small spaces, like under a counter," commented Mike Helm, Director of Sales and Marketing, Epson System Device Group. "We designed the TM-T70 with our customers in mind, with easy, all-front access and the same solid reliability they expect from Epson. There's no other printer like it."
TM-T70 Features and Benefits
The TM-T70 is designed with the same reliability as Epson's award-winning, best-selling TM-T88-series. Features and benefits include:
- Easy, All-Front Access: The TM-T70 is the only receipt printer available today with all-front access including front-facing controls, paper loading and receipt dispensing. The printer is equipped with a near-end paper detector, paper out, power and error LEDs, an autocutter and optional annunciator.
- Small, Space-Saving Footprint & Mounting Option: With its small size and low height (only 4.49" high), the TM-T70 is designed to fit under a counter or in other places where space is at a premium and it is also available with an under-counter mounting option.
- Spill-Resistance: The TM-T70 features a sealed top for superior resistance to spills and an optional cable management system, especially important in food service and hospitality environments.
- High-Speed, High-Resolution: The TM-T70 prints receipts and graphics at the same fast speed of 170mm/second at 180 dpi resolution, and supports a variety of barcodes, including 2D.
- Reliability: Backed by a two-year warranty, with an MCBF of 52 million lines and an autocutter life of 1.5 million cuts, the TM-T70 is ideal for high-volume environments where reliability is crucial.
- Easy Integration: Compatible with best-of-breed and component-based systems, the TM-T70 boasts a wide variety of Connect-It interface options, including USB, serial, parallel, Ethernet and wireless. In addition, the TM-T70 can be used in any setting where the popular TM-T88 series of Epson printers is used, for easy integration into existing software applications.
The TM-T70 will be available in December through Epson's designated sales and distribution channels. For more information, visit pos.epson.com.
Epson is one of the world's leading manufacturers of highly reliable point-of-service technology, including printers, precision printing mechanisms and digital image scanners. For the fourth year in a row (2006-2009), retailers have ranked Epson first in POS peripherals in the RIS News "Hardware LeaderBoard." Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row is part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. For more information, please visit pos.epson.com.
SOURCE: Epson America, Inc.