Bass Pro Shops Goes Mobile With New Sales Solution
PCMS, one of the US's leading providers of retail IT services, has commenced a pilot of mobile sales devices for Bass Pro Shops.
Bass Pro Shops will be one of North America's earliest adopters of mobile devices in retail and believes it will make a significant difference to customer experience by reducing the amount of time customers spend waiting in line.
Furthermore, in using PCMS' system, Bass Pro Shops is able to integrate the mobile POS solution with existing customer-facing technology minimizing investment and enabling faster implementation.
The pilot is taking place in two phases; the first of which will see iPod Touch technology in pilot stores in February 2012 to make an immediate impact in reducing waiting times by enabling customers' purchases to be scanned while waiting in line. The transaction is then suspended until the customer reaches the register to conclude payment. Stage two will enable payments to be taken via the iPod Touch, reducing transaction times even further.
Steve Brock, director of retail and direct marketing systems at Bass Pro Shops, commented: "We faced challenges in managing wait times and we wanted to find an fast and easy-to-implement solution that would integrate with our POS. Following PCMS' Core Product strategy, we are able achieve this, as well as making future enhancements easier to implement. We are looking forward to implementing mobile sales solutions across our stores and seeing our customers' shopping experiences continue to improve."
Martyn Osborne, head of global product development for PCMS commented: "Retailers need an ever increasing degree of flexibility with in-store technology so that they can offer more ways to engage with customers, improve customer service, and reduce waiting times and lines at the register. Our mobile solution builds on the investment we've made in Vision BeanStore by offering the already rich POS capabilities on a mobile device without significant investment in a whole new solution. We're particularly excited about bringing this innovation to Bass Pro Shops as they offer a way to delight their customer. For more information, visit ww.pcmsdatafit.com
- PCMS is one of the world's leading providers of integrated software, services and hardware systems to a wide variety of industries, ranging from retail and manufacturing to financial, food service and healthcare. Its expertise, infrastructure and experience also enables retailers and distributors across the supply chain to fully outsource their business IT capabilities.
- PCMS' partners include IBM, Microsoft, Symantec, and VMware, and its client list includes such signature names as Krispy Kreme, Orange, Marks & Spencer, Prada, Smythson and Unipart in the UK. US clients include Bass Pro Shops, Best Buy Mobile, Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut and Walgreens.
- Headquartered in Coventry, UK with specific software and managed services divisions, PCMS also has operations in the United States and the Pacific Rim.
- PCMS' Vision product portfolio offers a comprehensive set of software applications based on advanced Java-based architecture. Vision software delivers an unrivalled level of openness, portability and flexibility, which is unique in the marketplace and provides considerable cost-of-ownership savings to customers.
- For further company and product information: www.pcmsgroup.com or www.pcmsdatafit.com
Bass Pro Shops
- Bass Pro Shops operates 58 retail stores in 26 states and Canada, and is visited by over 110 million people annually.
- The original store in Springfield, Missouri, at over 400,000 square feet and growing, is the world's largest outdoor recreational products store. Bass Pro Shops also conducts an international catalog and internet retailing operation. Its wholesale division, American Rod & Gun, sells recreational products to over 7,000 independently owned retail stores worldwide.
- Outdoor World Incentives also sells Bass Pro Shops gift cards through over 132,000 retail outlets across America and Canada. The Bass Pro Shops restaurant group operates 28 locations. The company's Tracker Marine Group (www.trackerboats.com) is America's largest boat manufacturer. It manufactures and sells Tracker, Nitro, SunTracker, Tahoe, Grizzly and Mako boats through Bass Pro Shops retail stores and over 400 dealers worldwide. The Resort Group (www.bigcedar.com) includes Big Cedar Lodge and other resort properties including restaurants and golf courses. For more information regarding Bass Pro Shops store locations, products or special events, please visit www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, please call 1-800-BASS PRO.