HiveOS Network Operating SystemSource: Aerohive Networks
All Aerohive devices support the feature-rich HiveOS Cooperative Control architecture. HiveOS enables Aerohive devices to organize into groups, or “hives,” which allows functionality like fast roaming, user-based access control and fully stateful firewall policies, as well as additional security and RF networking features - all without the need for a centralized or dedicated controller. HiveOS has two primary feature sets - Wi-Fi Features and Routing Features
HiveOS Wi-Fi Features
HiveOS Wi-Fi features provide a host of leading wireless network features, including SLA compliance, airtime management and built-in spectrum analysis, all without a controller.
HiveOS Routing Features
HiveOS Routing features enables Aerohive branch routers to deliver all the remote office network functionality that teleworkers and branch offices need in a zero-touch deployment model, including full Layer 3 IPSec VPN tunnels, 802.11n functionality, patent-pending Cloud Proxy security services and granular Network Flow-based firewall capabilities.
- All network operations supported without a controller
- Lower cost, higher performance
- Radio Resource Management for automatic channel selection and power control
- Auto-discovery and configuration of Aerohive Access Points
- Fast and secure L2 and L3 roaming
- Foundation for resilient and highly available WLAN services
Full capabilities on every Access Point
HiveOS includes enterprise-class features, delivered without licensing cost and hassle, on every access point:
- Secure fast roaming (L2 and L3)
- Radio resource management
- Band steering and load balancing for high-density network deployments
- Stateful firewall with application layer gateways (ALGs)
- Web server for guest access – Captive Web Portal
- Flexible interaction with user databases: RADIUS server, RADIUS Caching, native directory integration, and SIP2 databases for libraries
- Full QoS
- Spectrum Analysis
- Rogue detection and mitigation
Client Health Score
- At-a-glance display of the quality of client connections
- Includes easy-to-understand icons that enable a quick view of radio, IP network, and application status
Service Level Assurance
- Performance Sentinel built into every AP enables real-time tracking of performance per user, or per application
- System can be enabled to automatically take action to boost performance of mission-critical applications
Dynamic Airtime Scheduling
- Improves performance in mixed networks by providing preferential access to the fastest client devices
- Gets fastest clients off the air quickly, to enable superior performance in a mixed a/b/g/n client environment
- Generates easy-to-deploy, one-time security keys for guest or intermittent use
Layer 3 IPSec VPN
- Remote users can connect all authenticated devices with corporate resources
- No need to install IPSec or SSL VPN software on client devices
- Complete security comes from local intelligence, cloud security services and mobile device management
- Ensures security of branch office communications without the need for security appliances at each site
- Eliminate web proxy information on every end user device.
- Greatly reduces bandwidth costs
- Eliminates the need to route traffic back to central location for filtering
Network Flow-based Stateful Firewall
- Enforces policy at the network level
- Combines user identity and mobile device management, so access is based identity and device type.
Network Flow-based Stateful Firewall
- Enforces policy at the network level via a combination of user identity and very granular mobile device management.
- Access based on who they are and the type of device that they are using.
- One year subscription enables flexible deployment of branch routers without CAPEX