Tidel Releases Sentinel SCM Stacker Bag
Carrollton, Texas — Tidel Engineering, L.P. announces the availability of a unique Sentinel Cash Management System, the Sentinel SCM (Sentinel Control Module) Stacker Bag system, to the USA market. This new design replaces the traditional note cassette with a heat sealed bag for collecting the notes as they are dropped into the safe. The heat sealed bag assures the retailer than cash shrinkage on the way to the bank is a thing of the past.
The primary new features of the Sentinel SCM Stacker Bag are:
- Two bulk note feeder heads - each validate notes at 30 notes per minute
- Notes are staged in a holding device and dropped in a 500 note bundles
- Notes are dropped into two standard deposit bags, with a capacity of 2,000 notes each
- The bags are heat sealed before the door is unlocked by armored car or a store manager
- The bags are tamper evident; should any attempt be made to take cash
- Preauthorized personnel can remove validator heads if a note jam is detected
- Connects to all Sentinel note and coin processing modules
“The SCM Stacker Bag Module is the first safe that provides removable, standard deposit bags that are heat sealed to protect the bank deposit integrity. No one can touch the cash, regardless if the deposit is made by a store manager or by armored car. It would take a slice in the bag to remove any cash, and that is very tamper evident”, said Ed Grondahl, EVP Global Sales at Tidel.
“The Tidel Sentinel SCM Stacker Bag drops cash in 500 note bundles and the bundles stay in easy to handles stacks for the bank or counting center. Our tests with major banks have indicated no additional handling charges for the bags versus a cassette based system”, Ed continued.
Tidel has been a manufacturer of cash security equipment designed for specialty retail marketer’s since 1978. Tidel designs and manufactures products for cash security and robbery prevention, as well as retail cash management. To date, Tidel has sold more than 300,000 systems in the U.S. and over 50 other countries. Information about the company and its products may be found on the company’s website at www.tidel.com.
SOURCE: Tidel Engineering