About Axis Communications
In the retail industry, network video systems provide a new level of proactive surveillance and monitoring for more effective loss prevention. But above and beyond loss prevention, retailers today are also leveraging the cross-functionality of network video to improve staff and customer security, optimize store operations, gather marketing statistics, count people, monitor store traffic, and integrate with point-of-sale systems. The return on investment is very notable for a single shop or whole chain of stores.
Axis cameras offer the following solutions for retailers to help improve their business and decisions:
- Loss Prevention/Reduce Shrinkage
- Merchandising and Operations
- Safety and Security
- Improved Customer Experience
Several advantages of network video in the retail environment include:
- Revenue increase — Network video helps to improve staff planning, store layout, and in-store advertising. It is also a highly efficient loss prevention tool.
- Fast ROI — Reduced loss, less time spent on investigating suspect incidents, decrease in liability claims, enhanced marketing, and optimized staffing all result in a compelling ROI.
- Seamless integration — Network video solutions from Axis run on standard Ethernet networks and are compatible with your existing infrastructure. They easily integrate with e.g. POS and EAS systems, providing efficient ways to investigate suspect incidents and analyze business performance.
- Future proof — Axis network video solutions are based on open standards, giving you maximum flexibility when choosing surrounding equipment. The solutions are fully scalable and allow you to take advantage of the latest technologies and features.
Axis offers security and surveillance markets intelligent network-based products and solutions. The company is focused primarily on the rapidly growing market for network video solutions. These network products provide maximum customer value through effective surveillance solutions, reduced costs, and increased flexibility and performance. By leveraging an open-architecture, network-based systems, end-users will enjoy the benefits of a very scalable system in contracts to the rigid structure of a closed, analog installation.
Axis' Product Portfolio
Axis specializes in professional network video solutions for surveillance and remote monitoring. Our range of products includes network cameras, video encoders, video decoders, video management software, and a full range of accessories.
Axis' end users range from large multinational corporations to small-to-midsize enterprises, which use Axis' products and systems solutions in their installations to optimize security and business processes.
Axis Communications is the leader in the network video market. The network camera market is set to have a CAGR of 27% per year over the next five years. The world market for video surveillance products is forecast to be worth more than $14.4 billion by 2014 according to industry analyst house IMS Research (www.imsresearch.com) in its market report entitled ‘The World Market for CCTV and Video Surveillance Equipment 2009 Edition' published in August 2009.
For more information visit www.axis.com